what you need to know
To our valued guests:
We are excited to announce that we will be re-opening for dine-in service on Saturday, May 23rd. We took a few extra days to prepare, to make sure we are ready with strong procedures in place that will maximize the safety of both customers and staff, and also to do some training on our new menu items that will be available starting on Saturday. We have completed our new policies and procedures. The full procedure documents are available at the bottom of this post. Here are a few of the highlights:
- A rigorous (every 30 minutes) cleaning and disinfecting schedule for all surfaces and especially high-touch areas.
- Screening of both staff and customers for any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entering the restaurant.
- Maintaining a log of contact information for customers that have dined with us (at least one person from each party), to ensure the ability to do contact tracing if needed.
- Spacing tables to ensure appropriate distancing between parties, including on the patio.
- New policies for menu use which will include options for avoiding having multiple hands on menus, including a large menu for reading at the front entrance, and single-use printed menus.
- Touchless payment options.
- Directing traffic flow through our restaurant space to limit clustering for staff and guests.
Thank you for all of your support during these last few months. We are truly grateful.
We look forward to welcoming you back, safely, to the Canoe.